Additive Manufacturing Technician
Job Title: Additive Manufacturing Technician
Reports to: Additive Manufacturing Manager
Posted Date: November 11, 2018
Additive Manufacturing Tech supports the production of medical devices using 3D scanners and printers. The position is responsible for a broad range of tasks from importing patient data to the production of medical devices. This includes 3D scanning patient occlusal data to running manufacturing equipment to processing devices after manufacturing. Additional responsibilities include maintenance of equipment, work area cleanup, process improvement, completing manufacturing records to the fullest, and adherence to quality control standards.
- Use 3D Scanning technology to capture patient data.
- Utilize CAD software to align 3D files and export to patient database.
- Load, support, and 3D print patient specific medical devices.
- Process devices using assorted machines and equipment.
- Manage multiple priorities and communicate closely with a multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain detailed records of each case in accordance with the company’s Quality Management System
- Employee shall be made aware of and trained on all standard procedures relating to his/her responsibilities.
- Training required to perform assignments and responsibilities include understanding potential mishaps and methods for recognition and detection.
- Works with Quality to develop and maintain documentation that demonstrates control of manufacturing and operational processes.
- Works with Operations to select and validate equipment and processes used for production.
- Works with Engineering, Quality, and Operations to maintain controls over approved/ validated equipment and processes used in production.
Education/ Skill Requirements
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of 3D printing methodologies.
- Professional communication skills
- General knowledge of human anatomy
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Cross training on all related job functions
- Ability to multitask in fast paced work environment
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required; manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Problem solving skills
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds