Now hiring in Dallas, TX
Job Title: Senior Machinist
Reports to: Director of Operations
Prepared Date: May 12, 2020
- Set up and operation of multi-axis mills to manufacture patient-specific medical devices.
- Translates drawings and work orders to mill code to be manufactured using CNC mill.
- Assists Product Development team to manufacture prototypes and develop manufacturing processes for new product.
- Coordinates with customer services to manufacture parts according to order schedule.
- Inspects materials, tooling, consumables, and in-process product to ensure that parts are manufactured according to specified tolerances and workmanship standards.
- Trains entry-level machinists and provides technical direction for CNC milling.
- Cleans and packages devices according to internal operating procedures.
- Performs equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, including coordination with equipment OEM engineers.
- Documentation of nonconforming product. Supports Quality team’s investigation of sources of nonconformity.
- Documentation of in-process production data to support trending/control of processes.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Employee shall be made aware of and trained on all standard procedures relating to his/her responsibilities.
- Receives instruction on specific assignment objectives, points of emphasis, reference and information sources. Unusual problems are solved jointly with supervisor.
- Works with customer service department to manufacture parts according to production schedule.
- Works with Quality to ensure that manufactured parts meet internal quality requirements; and to complete investigations.
- Works with Product Development to manufacture prototypes and develop new manufacturing processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with CNC milling machines; experience with CAD/CAM, NX software.
- Preferred expertise with 3-, 4-, and 5-axis CNC milling machines.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently.